POSTER CONTEST for Gay Six Flags Chicago Event
Calling all Artists! $500 contest for a 2013 Poster!
“Out in the Park” at Six Flags Great America returns in 2013 with a BANG!
private LGBT event featuring unlimited riding of ALL Six Flags Great
America’s amazing rides (X-Flight, Superman, Batman, etc.) , live music
by an internationally sought after DJ who calls Chicago home, Matthew
Harvat, delivering a complete party-celebration dance area everyone can
enjoy! Plus some surprise celebrity guests and niche entertainment
(Sponsor) are excited to return with an all new LGBT Celebratory event
and fundraiser at Six Flags Great America. “We are very excited to be
asked to return this year to Six Flags Great America and their
excitement in allowing us this unique opportunity to produce such an
awesome private event for our community at their park,” said Derrick
Sorles, owner of BestGayChicago.com. “We are proud to have another
charity this year benefiting from the event.”
Posters and 30,000 Postcards will be printed and distributed in
Chicagoland, Wisconsin, parts of Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Indiana!
Plus we’ll have ads and banners on websites everywhere including
Facebook. Your name will be on everything, giving the artist amazing
- The competition is open to all interested artists and graphic designers.
- All submissions must be received before the deadline to be considered in the competition.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions entered.
- There is no cost to submit.
will be accepted from individuals, collaborative teams, or design
firms, with prize money being split between the entrants listed on the
- The winner will be given credit for design on artwork to include a name or website reference on all printed material and on www.BestGayChicago.com, www.GaySixFlagsChicago.com and other websites that run the official press release.
winning design as chosen by BestGayChicago.com will receive $500 and 2
tickets to the “Out In The Park” at Six Flags Great America 2013
Celebration ($80.00 Value).
also prizes of $39 complementary “Out In The Park” tickets from
BestGayChicago.com for their other favorites and Facebook fan favorite
art designs. BestGayChicago.com and the artist(s) will share equal
rights to the uses of the image.
*This was the BACK of last years postcard – we’ll be looking to totally redesign the back, with much less information:
for this private event. ALL the rides will be open. There will be NO
LINES to ride rides – ride as much as you want. Ticketholders will
enjoy the music of DJ Matthew Harvat as it is heard live throughout most
the park. Matthew will do what he does best as he creates a signature
dance area experience never seen before at Six Flags Great America. This
amazing event welcomes all LGBT friendly folks from the five
surrounding states coming together to pride-fully celebrate on this
once-a year extremely special Saturday night!
admission to the park are $39 includes FREE PARKING! A portion of all
tickets sold will benefit (Charity TBD 2/1/13).
is looking for artwork and a design that immediately grab your
attention visually and look like something REALLY FUN that you feel
compelled to buy a ticket for , grab some friends and get out and have a
Entries must include:
- OUT IN THE PARK official logo
- BestGayChicago.com official logo
- All text necessary to create the sell message
- Additional sponsor/media partner logos
- Beyond bright and colorful!
- Use of park ride(s) and feeling of fun and/or movement
- The rest is up to you and your vision!
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Overall impact of eye-catching appeal
- Visual attractiveness
- Ability to draw the viewer in
- Clear and concise messaging
- Appropriateness of graphics used
- Off the-chart creativity
- Must be appropriate for all ages.
Include your name, address, email and phone number on with each submission to
BestGayCities (at) gmail (dot) com.
All submissions will be judged based on content, appeal and marketability. The decisions of the judges will be final.
Guidelines are as follows:
– Size 11″ X 17″ Entries should be developed at least 300dpi, but can be submitted at a lower resolution.
– Final winner will submit 300dpi PDF – and be able to tool poster theme into postcard size and various sized ads.
– Must be original artwork. Do not submit copyrighted work. BE CAREFUL
using stock images for rides that do not exist at Six Flags Great
America. We can not show a full ride image, of a ride that does not
exist. However, you could cut out portions of a generic ride and
riders, if needed.
Michael or Derrick 773-878-5323