HAIRSPRAY Live Dec 7 2016
NBC has unveiled the highly anticipated “Hairspray Live!” promo including first-looks of the all-star cast performing as well a first-look at the show’s sets.
- “Hairspray Live!” features an all-star cast that includes Harvey Fierstein, Jennifer Hudson, Ariana Grande, Kristin Chenoweth, Martin Short, Derek Hough, Dove Cameron, Garrett Clayton, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Ephraim Sykes, exciting newcomer Maddie Baillio and special guest stars Billy Eichner, Sean Hayes, Andrea Martin and Rosie O’Donnell.
- “Hairspray Live!” will bring back the creative talents of “The Wiz Live!” director Kenny Leon (Tony winner, “A Raisin in the Sun”) and script adaptor Harvey Fierstein (four-time Tony winner, “Torch Song Trilogy,” “Hairspray,” and “La Cage aux Folles”). “Hairspray Live!” will also enlist the original Broadway adaptation’s choreographer Jerry Mitchell (“Kinky Boots,” “On Your Feet”), original songwriters Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (“Smash” and Broadway’s upcoming “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”), two-time Emmy Award-winning live television director Alex Rudzinski, award-winning costume designer Mary Vogt (“Kong: Skull Island,” “Men in Back”), music director Lon Hoyt (“On Your Feet,” “Hairspray” on Broadway and feature film) and award-winning production designer Derek McLane (Academy Awards, “Beautiful”).
- “Hairspray Live!” will air from Los Angeles on Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
- Twitter: @HairsprayLive
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HairsprayLive
- Instagram: @nbchairspraylive